Posted to dev@apr.apache.org by rb...@apache.org on 2002/12/13 20:21:06 UTC

testnames failures on Windows

I finally figured out why testnames is failing on Windows.  Essentially,
the tests are using paths like "/foo/bar" for absolute paths.  But,
Windows looks at this and says this isn't absolute, it is relative.  IMHO,
that means that these functions are less useful than I originally thought.
I had hoped that we could pass a common string into these functions, and
the functions would handle the OS-level information.

I realize that is hard to do with drive letters, but my question remains,
is the test wrong, or is the code wrong?????

Ryan