Posted to apache-bugdb@apache.org by Cynthia McGarvie-Bage <cy...@mbay.net> on 1999/04/13 18:39:54 UTC

os-other/4239: Unable to locate server

>Number:         4239
>Category:       os-other
>Synopsis:       Unable to locate server
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       serious
>Release:        1.3
>Environment:
Mac OS 8.51
Fetch 3.0.3

I am new at this, so please explain to me at novice level.  I keep trying to find my domain <http://www.cynthiamcgarvie.com> and have uploaded my index.html file to the mbay.net ftp server, but I cannot access my registered domain.  What must I do to make it active on the Apache server as Monterey Bay Internet uses Apache?

Since I followed my ISP's directions on uploading my file, I don't know what I am doing wrong.  I wanted to start my own domain on the web, but this is getting in the way of my plans to become self-sufficient as a webmaster.

http://www.CYNTHIAMCGARVIE.com (I wondered if it may have been in uppercase)
http://www.cynthiamcgarvey.com (the last two letters are often misspelled, and I thought this may have been the case here)
>Fix:
What I need is to make this URL active on the Apache server.  I see no other way to resolve this problem.