Posted to jetspeed-user@portals.apache.org by Michael Sallman <ms...@pro-ns.net> on 2001/05/01 03:45:47 UTC

Re: Jetspeed and Slash

Alex,
I'll take a stab at it.
Yes, you should be able to integrate them.

> Slashcode (I believe) also creates rss files which list the most recent
> stories -
> I think one is referenced from the standard Jetspeed installation.

In my Slash (1.0.5) the file to point to is in /public_html under the Slash home
directory.
It is (your Slash site name).rdf
You would add this to jetspeed-config.jcfg (in WEB-INF/conf/) thus:
<portlet-entry type="ref" parent="RSS" name="MySlashSite">
<url>http://localhost:8088/myslashsite.rdf</url>
<title>My Slash Site</title>
</portlet-entry>
or some such url pointing to your Slash site and then it will be accessible
through the Customizer page.
As to the other way, I think that Jetspeed can provide an RSS feed (though I'm
not sure of how or where to set this up. Help anyone??)
You would then add this feed to your Slash site.
Of course, if you are running Bender, RTFM :-)
(meaning, I haven't had a chance to look at Bender yet, but the same sort of
thing should work).

Mike