Posted to user@nutch.apache.org by Marek Bachmann <m....@uni-kassel.de> on 2011/11/07 15:50:54 UTC

LinkRank - PageRank. Any differences?

Hello people,

just a theoretically question:

Is LinkRank the same as Google's PageRank?

When I search for LinkRank I can't find any scientific results.

Thank you.

Re: LinkRank - PageRank. Any differences?

Posted by Marek Bachmann <m....@uni-kassel.de>.
Am 07.11.2011 16:13, schrieb Markus Jelsma:

> On Monday 07 November 2011 16:05:53 Marek Bachmann wrote:
>> Am 07.11.2011 15:59, schrieb Markus Jelsma:
>>> See: http://wiki.apache.org/nutch/NewScoring

>> Thank you very much Markus. Am I correct when I say, that LinkRank is a
>> PageRank based tool for nutch / LinkRank is Nutch specific?
>
> Well, as far as i know Dennis wrote it specifically for Nutch based on the
> PageRank algorithm. It can be ported to any MapReduce crawler.

Thank you very much. That's all I wanted to know at the moment. Just
wanted to know if it is based on the PageRank algorithm or if it is an
other technology. :)

Re: LinkRank - PageRank. Any differences?

Posted by Markus Jelsma <ma...@openindex.io>.

Posted by Marek Bachmann <m....@uni-kassel.de>.

Posted by Markus Jelsma <ma...@openindex.io>.

--