Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Milan Tomic <to...@yahoo.com> on 2006/08/31 14:04:32 UTC

[users@httpd] SSL negotiation fails

Is there any way to redirect user to some HTML page if HTTPS (SSL) negotiation fails (e.g. user
press CANCEL button on "Select Certificate" dialog)? At present generic "The page can not be
found" message shows. I think this is IE's built-in message.

Re: [users@httpd] SSL negotiation fails

Posted by Richard de Vries <ri...@yahoo.com>.
To my knowledge this is not possible. Don't forget,
the SSL HandShake needs to be completed BEFORE your
client can successfully retrieve any data from your
webserver. So, if this handshake fails for whatever
reason (including cancelation by the user), the
connection is being torn down. i.e. Even if you could
configure something on the webserver, it wouldn't
matter because the client wishes to not proceed.

If anyone disagrees with me, I would love to hear
because I've had the need for something similiar.