Posted to user@storm.apache.org by Maxwell Bileschi <mb...@twitter.com> on 2015/05/15 17:47:15 UTC

Keeping a topology alive for maven tests

Hi everyone,
I'm interested in having my whole topology run in a maven test, and when I
submit to my LocalCluster, it just exits, and doesn't process any tuples.
How can I keep it alive long enough to process some prepackaged tuples?
Thanks!
Max

Re: Keeping a topology alive for maven tests

Posted by Mark Tomko <mt...@broadinstitute.org>.
I have a test that starts the topology in local dev mode; the topology
comes up in a separate thread (I don't have to manage that - control is
returned to me as soon as I submit the topology). My test then polls until
it sees the expected results, with a timeout in case something goes wrong.
There's some framework available for topology testing that helps with this
scenario. I tried that (and made it work), but ultimately chose to use my
own implementation instead.

Mark