Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Yong Liang <YL...@opsware.com> on 2006/09/08 00:48:33 UTC

element order in complexType question

Hi all,

How is the order determined for elements in complexType section in a
wsdl when using java2wsdl tool? I'm asking because I seem to get
different order for the same complexType in different wsdls. I have two
Java service classes both referring to class ModifiableVO. I ran
java2wsdl on the two services, here's the resulting sections for
ModifiableVO in two wsdl files:

File 1:
   <complexType abstract="true" name="ModifiableVO">
    <complexContent>
     <extension base="tns2:CreatorVO">
      <sequence>
       <element name="logChange" type="xsd:boolean"/>
       <element name="modifiedBy" nillable="true"
type="soapenc:string"/>
       <element name="modifiedDate" nillable="true"
type="xsd:dateTime"/>
       <element name="dirtyAttributes" nillable="true"
type="impl:ArrayOf_soapenc_string"/>
      </sequence>
     </extension>
    </complexContent>
   </complexType>

File 2:
    <complexType abstract="true" name="ModifiableVO">
    <complexContent>
     <extension base="tns2:CreatorVO">
      <sequence>
       <element name="modifiedBy" nillable="true"
type="soapenc:string"/>
       <element name="logChange" type="xsd:boolean"/>
       <element name="modifiedDate" nillable="true"
type="xsd:dateTime"/>
       <element name="dirtyAttributes" nillable="true"
type="impl:ArrayOf_soapenc_string"/>
      </sequence>
     </extension>
    </complexContent>
   </complexType>

Notice the order of logChange and modifiedBy were switched in file 2.
This is a problem for me as I need to generate client stubs, but only
keep one ModifiableVO client stub, and this cause compiling error for
classes generated from one of the wsdl files. Is there a way to set
fixed order when running java2wsdl?

Thanks,
Yong