Posted to user-java@ibatis.apache.org by Alex Sherwin <al...@acadiasoft.com> on 2010/02/08 19:51:41 UTC

Dynamic SQL inside Java API for iBatis 3.x?

Is there a way to get the equivalent functionality of the dynamic SQL
structures for XML within a Java API SQL provider?  As far as I can tell
there is not...  I know you can still reference parameters (i.e.
#{myparam, ...}), but you can't use the structures like <if> and
<foreach>, correct?

I'm trying to provide a lot of default functionality for my objects,
which I can do for many things, but some things I can't figure out how
to deal with programatically (like a list of optional order by columns,
etc) within the Java API since the parameters passed to the mapped
statement do not get propogated to the java sql provider function