Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Adam Fowler <af...@cc.edu> on 2001/02/17 22:54:53 UTC

WebServer-Tomcat linking problem... was [cannot find file "mod_jk.conf-auto"]

Ok,

Any Developers out there?

This makes 5 ppl this week having problems with varying versions of tomcat
and varying platforms/web servers. This is all one problem.

Everyone is using mod_jk.so on Apache/IIS but it just doesn't wanna let
tomcat communicate with them. On all of the postings I've seent his
week(ahem and am experiencing ahem) the general points are:-

1) Tomcat runs on port 8080 with no problems and serves scripts.
2) Everyone is using mod_jk.so
3) When running through the web server it just doesn't want to serve
scripts.

I believe this could be one of three problems:-

1) Tomcat is linked in wrong(I am using Mandrake 7.2 whilst my Professor
uses Redhat 6.2 and his works)
2) Tomcat throws a Java run time error when communicating with mod_jk, but
with no standard out available(terminal screen etc.) it doesn't display it
and it isn't logged.
3) mod_jk is retarded and is not handling the communication correctly.

Any possibilities anyone?

Oh, and try doing a complete search of the computer for the file - use the
filename mod_jk.conf* - that should find it if it is being generated, it
might just be getting put in the wrong direction.

Regards,
Adam.

----
Adam Fowler
Second year Computer Science undergraduate
University of Wales, Aberystwyth
Carroll College, WI, USA(2000-2001)
web: http://gucciboy.dyndns.org/aff9
e-mail: adamfowler@chillin.co.uk
"Every new beginning comes from some other beginning's end"
----

Posted by Adam Fowler <af...@cc.edu>.
hmmm,

I recently added frontpage extensions to my Linux Apache web server(a crime
in the Linux world, I know, but it's for the school not me!) and had to
compile the mod into apache. As Apache was installed from an RPM
(apache-1.3.14-2mdk.rpm) it could quite easily be a Mandrake issue as you
suggest. However, I have noticed some Win 2K users having this problem, too.

If we have to compile mod_jk into apache to take the changes I'll be
extremely peeved!

Regards,
Adam.

----

MOD_JK compiling error...

Posted by Marcel Landman <Ma...@DICgroep.nl>.
Hello all,

When I am trying to compile the mod_jk module
in the src/native/mod_jk/apache1.3 directory
of tomcat 3.3 milestone 1 on the Alpha Tru64 Unix ,
I get the following errors:

cc -DOSF1 -DMOD_SSL=208102 -DUSE_HSREGEX -DEAPI -DUSE_EXPAT -I../lib/expat-litec

cc: Error: ../common/jk_pool.h, line 116: Ill-formed parameter type list. (parm)

                  jk_pool_atom_t *buf,
------------------^
cc: Error: mod_jk.c, line 701: In this declaration, "jk_pool_atom_t" must speci)

            jk_pool_atom_t buf[SMALL_POOL_SIZE];
------------^
cc: Error: mod_jk.c, line 702: In this statement, "buf" is not declared. (undec)

            jk_open_pool(&private_data.p, buf, sizeof(buf));
------------------------------------------^
apxs:Break: Command failed with rc=1

I am using the following command:

 /usr/sbin/apxs -o mod_jk.so  \
        -I${JAVA_HOME}/include/alpha \
        -I${JAVA_HOME}/include \
        -I../common \
        -c *.c ../common/*.c

Can anyone tell me how to get rid of these errors to let
me compile a mod_jk module error free??

Thanks in advance!!

Kind regards,
Marcel Landman

Re: WebServer-Tomcat linking problem... was [cannot find file "mod_jk.conf-auto"]

Posted by Dave Smith <sa...@home.com>.
I have successfully built mod_jk.so on both FreeBSD and Redhat 6.2, along
with Apache with and without dynamic modules, SSL, PHP, etc. It is
not a developer issue if you got a good compile -- it is almost certainly
a configuration issue and screw up on your part. Don't blame the code.

I will say in your defense, though, that the documentation and general
layout of things totally sucks on tomcat 3.2.1. The learning curve is
way too high. That shit should just work, period. I recently spent some
serious time trying to compile mod_jk on a box where there really ARE
developer issues (Mac OS X Public Beta, aka Darwin 1.2). It was
not doable, because the tomcat code base is not really portable to all
unix's. In contrast, I was able to build Caucho Resin's Apache
connector (which uses the GNU ./configure system) out of the box,
so Resin is what we'll be using. It's faster, too.

So I think the tomcat dev team needs to adopt something like GNU's
automake if they really want to get serious about portability. (Or get
serious about their code).

Regards,

Dave

TC 4 b2/b3/+ reloadable ... any idea when?

Posted by David Duddleston <da...@i2a.com>.
Any idea when reloadable will work in TC 4 b2/b3/+ again?

-david