Posted to docs@httpd.apache.org by Jobst Giesecke <JG...@t-online.de> on 2004/01/22 17:12:46 UTC

mome magic

What is "mome magic"?

"There are a couple of especially tricky bits: By default, mod_rewrite
runs before the other URI translation modules (mod_alias etc.) so if
they are used then mod_rewrite must be configured to accommodate them.
Also, mome magic must be performed to do a per-dynamic-virtual-host
equivalent of ScriptAlias"

http://httpd.apache.org/docs-2.0/vhosts/mass.html

Re: mome magic

Posted by Lars Eilebrecht <la...@hyperreal.org>.
According to Jobst Giesecke:

> "There are a couple of especially tricky bits: By default, mod_rewrite
> runs before the other URI translation modules (mod_alias etc.) so if
> they are used then mod_rewrite must be configured to accommodate them.
> Also, mome magic must be performed to do a per-dynamic-virtual-host
> equivalent of ScriptAlias"

I assume that's a typo and should read "some magic". :)

ciao...
--
Lars Eilebrecht              - How do you keep a moron in suspense?
lars@hyperreal.org

Re: mome magic

Posted by Rich Bowen <rb...@rcbowen.com>.
On Thu, 22 Jan 2004, Jobst Giesecke wrote:

> What is "mome magic"?
>
> "There are a couple of especially tricky bits: By default, mod_rewrite
> runs before the other URI translation modules (mod_alias etc.) so if
> they are used then mod_rewrite must be configured to accommodate them.
> Also, mome magic must be performed to do a per-dynamic-virtual-host
> equivalent of ScriptAlias"
>
> http://httpd.apache.org/docs-2.0/vhosts/mass.html

Thanks. Typo fixed.

--
Rich Bowen - rbowen@rcbowen.com
Did I have the dream, or did the dream have me? (Rush - Nocturne)