Posted to dev@tomcat.apache.org by Juan Antonio Hern�ndez <ja...@yahoo.com> on 2000/01/17 10:45:25 UTC

Bug (and fix) in org.apache.jasper.compiler.ClassName

Hello:

I have not found an address to submit bug reports so
here it is.

The JSP engine fails to compile a jsp page with HTML
fragments greater than 32K. The problem is inside the
'org.apache.jasper.compiler.ClassName' class. This
class reads the .class file in order to find the
class name. It uses 'short' variables and the
'readShort' method. This kind of variables and methods
cannot deal with values greater than 32K. To fix the
problem just use 'int' instead of 'short' and
'readUnsignedShort' instead of 'readShort'.

Bye,
Juan A. Hern�ndez,
<ja...@dss.es>.

http://im.yahoo.com

Re: Bug (and fix) in org.apache.jasper.compiler.ClassName

Posted by Danno Ferrin <sh...@earthlink.net>.
Really?  Did you try it and does it work?  If so please post the code
section that was altered.  This fix will actually only change the problem
size to 64K, still a problem.

Actually this may be a problem related to java.lang.String and possibly some
code I patched up.  It'll be fixed in M2 for sure.

--Danno