Posted to dev@harmony.apache.org by Sean Qiu <se...@gmail.com> on 2008/02/26 08:06:47 UTC

[jdktools][jdwp] New JVMTI functions for Java 6

Hi, drlvm gurus

Do we have implemented the JVMTI updates for Java 6?
Since the JDWP updates depends on the JVMTI new functions.
Thanks very much.

--
Sean, Xiao Xia Qiu
China Software Development Lab, IBM

Re: [jdktools][jdwp] New JVMTI functions for Java 6

Posted by "Jimmy,Jing Lv" <fi...@gmail.com>.
Ah yes, let me move them into exclude list.

--

Best Regards!

Jimmy, Jing Lv

Posted by Tim Ellison <t....@gmail.com>.

Posted by "Jimmy,Jing Lv" <fi...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Sean Qiu <se...@gmail.com>.
+1

Posted by "Jimmy,Jing Lv" <fi...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

Posted by Sean Qiu <se...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Sean Qiu <se...@gmail.com>.
It is quite helpful, thanks.

Posted by Gregory Shimansky <gs...@apache.org>.

Posted by Sean Qiu <se...@gmail.com>.
Thanks for your help Eugene.

Take a glance at the new updates of JDWP 6, we may need these
functions in JVMTI. What i have to point out is that this list is not
an very accurate one:

jvmtiError
GetClassVersionNumbers(jvmtiEnv* env,
           jclass klass,
           jint* minor_version_ptr,
           jint* major_version_ptr).

jvmtiError
GetConstantPool(jvmtiEnv* env,
            jclass klass,
            jint* constant_pool_count_ptr,
            jint* constant_pool_byte_count_ptr,
            unsigned char** constant_pool_bytes_ptr)

jvmtiError
GetOwnedMonitorStackDepthInfo(jvmtiEnv* env,
            jthread thread,
            jint* monitor_info_count_ptr,
            jvmtiMonitorStackDepthInfo** monitor_info_ptr)

jvmtiError
ForceEarlyReturnObject(jvmtiEnv* env,
            jthread thread,
            jobject value)
(
# Force Early Return - jint
# Force Early Return - Long
# Force Early Return - Float
# Force Early Return - Double
# Force Early Return - Void
)

And these new JDWP capabilities may need related jvmti capabilites' support.
  	  	canGetInstanceInfo
  	  	canRequestMonitorEvents
  	  	canGetMonitorFrameInfo
  	  	canUseSourceNameFilters
  	  	canGetConstantPool
  	  	canForceEarlyReturn

By the way, i have tried to add GetClassVersionNumbers to our jvmti.h,
and it build and run successfully with IBM VM.

Posted by Eugene Ostrovsky <eu...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

Posted by Sean Qiu <se...@gmail.com>.

Posted by "Jimmy,Jing Lv" <fi...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

2008/2/26, Sean Qiu <se...@gmail.com>:
> Hi, drlvm gurus
>
>  Do we have implemented the JVMTI updates for Java 6?
>  Since the JDWP updates depends on the JVMTI new functions.
>  Thanks very much.

Sean, maybe list some more information may help the vm gurus to see
what are missing? :)
And if some features are missing currently, we may start from
testcases and mock functions to develop new JDWP commands.