Posted to oro-user@jakarta.apache.org by "Daniel F. Savarese" <df...@savarese.org> on 2003/12/05 00:16:04 UTC

Re: Regex anchor to current position of PatternMatcherInput

In message <20...@web10410.mail.yahoo.com>, Chris Hyzer wri
tes:
>I need to have an anchor in the regex to the current
>position of the PatternMatcherInput.  Does anything
>exist?  When I use "^", it doesnt work as the
>PatternMatcherInput is iterated through.  Would this
>be useful to add in there?

Anchors key off of the beginning of the input or the beginning of a
line depending on what options you use.  If you are using
SINGLE_LINE_MASK, but want to key off of the current offset rather
than the beginning of the input, just set the PatternMatcherInput
begin offset to the current offset after each match.

daniel