Posted to dev@zookeeper.apache.org by Enrico Olivelli <eo...@gmail.com> on 2019/09/20 20:18:49 UTC

[VOTE] Apache ZooKeeper release 3.5.6 candidate 1

This is a bugfix release candidate for 3.5.6.

It fixes 27 issues, including upgrade of third party libraries,
TTL Node APIs for C API, support for PCKS12 Keystores, and better procedure
for the upgrade of servers from 3.4 to 3.5.

The full release notes is available at:

https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?projectId=12310801&version=12345243

*** Please download, test and vote by September 23th 2019, 23:59 UTC+0. ***

Source files:
https://people.apache.org/~eolivelli/zookeeper-3.5.6-candidate-1

Maven staging repo:
https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachezookeeper-1041/

The release candidate tag in git to be voted upon: release-3.5.6-rc1
https://github.com/apache/zookeeper/tree/release-3.5.6-rc1

ZooKeeper's KEYS file containing PGP keys we use to sign the release:
https://www.apache.org/dist/zookeeper/KEYS

Should we release this candidate?

Enrico Olivelli

Re: [VOTE] Apache ZooKeeper release 3.5.6 candidate 1

Posted by Enrico Olivelli <eo...@gmail.com>.
FYI
I have sent a new RC, please check the new VOTE thread

Enrico

Posted by Norbert Kalmar <nk...@cloudera.com.INVALID>.

Posted by Patrick Hunt <ph...@apache.org>.

Posted by Enrico Olivelli <eo...@gmail.com>.
I am cancelling the vote now.

Posted by Andor Molnar <an...@apache.org>.

Posted by Patrick Hunt <ph...@apache.org>.

Posted by Norbert Kalmar <nk...@cloudera.com.INVALID>.
Sorry, I also forgot to vote and just commented on the jackson CVE.
But +1, I did the usual:

tests pass, after building I started ZK and run a few commands
Checked the bin package, license files looks to be in order, server runs,
commands work
Signature OK.

Regards,
Norbert