Posted to dev@hbase.apache.org by Ted Dunning <te...@gmail.com> on 2011/03/11 18:26:56 UTC

linked in account attached to dev@?

I was getting all of the apache mailing lists blocked from getting LinkedIn
invitations.

Tech support tells me that dev@hbase.apache.org is already linked to an
existing account.

Did somebody do that to avoid spam to the list?  By accident?

Is there any further action needed for that address?

Re: linked in account attached to dev@?

Posted by Jean-Daniel Cryans <jd...@apache.org>.
Wow that's odd!

Posted by Ted Dunning <td...@maprtech.com>.
I already did that.  I spidered the right pages at Apache and got a list of
3780 apache mailing lists to
send to LI.  This is an interim measure until they implement an opt-out link
on their invitation emails.

But they kicked dev@hbase.a.o back at me saying that it was associated with
an account.

Hopefully whoever snagged that did it in order to block emails to the group
(this is what LI recommends).

I don't think that there is any action to take at this point.

Posted by Stack <st...@duboce.net>.
On Fri, Mar 11, 2011 at 9:26 AM, Ted Dunning <te...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Tech support tells me that dev@hbase.apache.org is already linked to an
> existing account.
>
> Did somebody do that to avoid spam to the list?  By accident?

Not me.  Who should we write to Ted?

St.Ack