Posted to modperl@perl.apache.org by Adi <ad...@certsite.com> on 2000/09/27 01:41:24 UTC

[ANNOUNCE] new module HTTPD::Bench::ApacheBench

Stas Bekman wrote:

> > Before I upload it to CPAN, are there any objections to calling it
> > "ApacheBench"?  Other names I considered are "Bench", "ab", "ABuse"... but
> > ApacheBench I thought was the best because an m/Apache/ search on CPAN will find
> > it.
>
> That's the proper name, since it's a glue code for ab, plus extra
> fuctionality. The only thing I'd add is a prefix so we could put other
> Benchmarking implementation under the same tree. Especially as you have
> mentioned in the pod it's not mod_perl specific. I'd go for
> HTTPD::Bench:: or HTTPDBench:: tree.

Ok, I've renamed it to HTTPD::Bench::ApacheBench.

> But you have already released it on CPAN, so I don't know... (I couldn't
> reply earlier since I was preaching mod_perl at YAPC::Europe, which was
> a very cool conference :)

It did go into CPAN but the metadata never got in, so it didn't show up on
searches.  I hope the rename doesn't affect anyone.

Hope you had fun at the conference.  I'll make it to one (one of these years).
:)

> > Stas, hopefully I'll be able to integrate this with your new Apache::Benchmark
> > module.  I haven't had time to look over yours fully, but I'm thinking your
> > module will be a layer around this.  Currently Apache::Benchmark uses ab,
> > right?  This module almost completely replaces ab.  There are a few features
> > that still need to be added.
>
> Yup, cool. In fact you are welcome to take over it :) Apache::Benchmark
> shouldn't be depenfing on the actual engine used for Benchmarking. One
> should be able to plug any engine instead of ab.

Yes, I'll be looking at it extensively in the next few months.  So I might just
take it over. :)

--

The uploaded file

    ApacheBench-0.51.tar.gz

has entered CPAN as

  file: $CPAN/authors/id/A/AD/ADIRAJ/ApacheBench-0.51.tar.gz
  size: 46603 bytes
   md5: d9e5bd55500da2c040fe88c4a08b69ae

No action is required on your part
Request entered by: ADIRAJ (Adi Fairbank)
Request entered on: Tue, 26 Sep 2000 16:18:49 GMT
Request completed:  Tue, 26 Sep 2000 16:19:31 GMT

        Virtually Yours,
        Id: paused,v 1.68 1999/10/22 14:39:12 k Exp k