Posted to user@ofbiz.apache.org by Paul Foxworthy <pa...@cohsoft.com.au> on 2011/04/01 09:27:16 UTC

Re: Difference between write off and cancel in invoices

Hi Shereen,

If we cancel an invoice, we are acknowledging a mistake was made and any
payments applied to it are reversed. See the seca for setInvoiceStatus at

https://fisheye6.atlassian.com/browse/ofbiz/trunk/applications/accounting/servicedef/secas_ledger.xml?hb=true#to104

which makes a call to cancelInvoice at

https://fisheye6.atlassian.com/browse/ofbiz/trunk/applications/accounting/script/org/ofbiz/accounting/invoice/InvoiceServices.xml?r=1051608#to638

A written off invoice is one where we don't expect any further payment from
the invoicee, but existing payments still apply.

There are GL accounts for expenses associated with writeoffs at

https://fisheye6.atlassian.com/browse/ofbiz/trunk/applications/accounting/data/DemoGeneralChartOfAccounts.xml?hb=true#to819

but I couldn't find anywhere these are used at the moment in Ofbiz.

Hope that helps

Paul Foxworthy

Date: Wed, 30 Mar 2011 04:12:57 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Difference Bteween write off and cancel in invoices
Hi All
Can anyone explain to me difference between the status "write off" and
"Cancel" in invoices?
financially is there a difference?
what points should I consider when I change the status of the invoice to
"write off" or "cancel"
Thanks in Advance

--
Coherent Software Australia Pty Ltd
PO Box 2773

Bonsai ERP, the all-inclusive ERP system
http://www.bonsaierp.com.au/