Posted to user@turbine.apache.org by Bruce Altner <ba...@hq.nasa.gov> on 2002/04/02 01:03:19 UTC

FileItem storeLocation

Greetings:

My application uses FileItem in a class which uploads a file from the
user's local drive to a remote server. It has always worked without a hitch
but recently was deployed on a box where the default storeLocation is
write-protected, so it fails. I am interested in being able to specify the
location where the tmp file is written to avoid this problem but
storeLocation  is a protected field in FileItem and there is no accessor
method (that I could find). Do I have to write my own version of FileItem
or is there a way to set this using this class.

Here is how I am using FileItem:

         FileItem fi = data.getParameters().getFileItem( "filename" );
         InputStream ins = fi.getInputStream();
         String fqFilename = fi.getFileName();

etc.

Thanks,
Bruce

Re: FileItem storeLocation

Posted by John McNally <jm...@collab.net>.
The file is already written to the temporary location by the time you
have a FileItem, so it is too late to change it there.  You need to
specify the path to FileUpload class, either with the setter or in the
parseRequest method.  As it appears you are using this integrated into
ParameterParser, you would set it in TurbineResources.properties

#
# The directory where files will be temporarily stored.
#
services.UploadService.repository=/tmp

Note that the directory must exist.  The service first checks that the
directory exists in the webapp directory, if not it assumes the path was
absolute.

john mcnally