Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Reveal MAP <re...@yahoo.fr> on 2008/07/10 06:59:54 UTC

[users@httpd] help with apache2 and php3 support // mojo

hello!

newbie at apache, lamp and generally linux stuff here.
I have 2 problem:

first one:
.i would like to be able to run dialup_admin 2.0.5 on apache2.
like indicated at: http://wiki.freeradius.org/Dialup_admin#Installing_.26_System_Configuration
i did the following:
ln -s /usr/share/dialup_admin /srv/www/htdocs/dialup

but when i try to open it with firefox, all i obtain is that error message:

ACCESS FORBIDEN:
    - You don't have permissionto access the requested object. It is either read protected or not readableby the server.
    - if you think that is a server error, please contactc your webmaster.
    - error 40.3.

i tried "chmod 777 -R /usr/share/dialup_admin"with no result (same issue)

could someone help me to fix it, please?

second one:
.php files works fine, but i would like to be able to run .php3 extension files too. how could i do that!

my config:
-opensuse 10.3
-apache version is 2.2.9
-php5
-mysql5
my webroot is located at /etc/www/htdocs.

Regards!

Re: [users@httpd] help with apache2 and php3 support // mojo

Posted by Francois Gingras <fr...@gmail.com>.
Hello,

Please read the following article:

http://wiki.apache.org/httpd/13PermissionDenied

As for your second question, simply change your AddHandler line from

AddHandler application/x-httpd-php .php

AddHandler application/x-httpd-php .php .php3

in your configuration. Not that if you were using AddType before,
you'll need to change it to AddHandler. See:

http://www.devside.net/articles/php

--
Francois Gingras
(i): http://ccds.ca

Re: [users@httpd] help with apache2 and php3 support // mojo

Posted by Igor Galić <i....@brainsware.org>.
> but when i try to open it with firefox, all i obtain is that error message:

It is usually quite irelevant what User Agent says, for you as admin, the
source of information is the error log:

http://wiki.apache.org/httpd/DistrosDefaultLayout shows where main distros place Apache files.

> ACCESS FORBIDEN:
>    - You don't have permissionto access the requested object. It is either read protected or not readableby the server.
>    - if you think that is a server error, please contactc your webmaster.
>    - error 40.3.

There are (generally) two reasons for 403s:
http://wiki.apache.org/httpd//13PermissionDenied
http://wiki.apache.org/httpd/ClientDeniedByServerConfiguration
(I'm suspecting the latter)

> i tried "chmod 777 -R /usr/share/dialup_admin"with no result (same issue)

777 is NEVER an apropriate way of dealing with ANY kind of permission
problems.

> .php files works fine, but i would like to be able to run .php3 extension files too. how could i do that!

Search for the line that configures PHP to be run by Apache, it *should*
be something like:

AddHandler application/x-httpd-php .php .phtml

[But more likely it's some gross hack as described in
http://www.devside.net/articles/php]

Add any extensions you desire to be handled by the PHP interpreter.

> Regards!

So long,
Igor