Posted to user@knox.apache.org by Aj J <hi...@gmail.com> on 2019/12/28 00:54:14 UTC

Disabling compression

I'm facing an issue similar to one mentioned here-
https://www.mail-archive.com/user@knox.apache.org/msg00542.html

I have a kerberized environment with Knox receiving all the requests, doing
authN and forwarding it to Hue.

From the Hue logs I can see that request body for almost all POST requests
are missing.
I see that in the discussion on the mailing thread above, the reporter
resolved this issue by putting nginx to do decompress requests.

I was wondering if knox has made any changes to resolve this.

Any workarounds/ suggestions are welcome.
I would like to avoid putting another nginx server all together.

I'm planning on investigating further on the dispatch side to see what can
be done.

Thanks,
Ajay

Re: Disabling compression

Posted by Aj J <hi...@gmail.com>.
This was happening due to a custom change in knox from our side.

Thanks for the help Kevin.

Re: Disabling compression

Posted by Kevin Risden <kr...@apache.org>.

Re: Disabling compression

Posted by Aj J <hi...@gmail.com>.

Re: Disabling compression

Posted by Kevin Risden <kr...@apache.org>.
Hmmmm this sounds suspicious like something else is going on. Knox and Hue
have been used pretty heavily recently and I don't think there have been
issues w/ any specific types of requests.

From the Hue logs I can see that request body for almost all POST requests