Posted to user@zookeeper.apache.org by devsri <de...@kuliza.com> on 2012/01/12 14:19:24 UTC

HBASE ERROR: Failed setting up proxy interface org.apache.hadoop.hbase.ipc.HRegionInterface

Hi,

I am currently trying to work on HDFS and HBASE. The Hadoop and HBASE are
properly installed on a machine and my application runs perfectly when
hosted on the same machine.

But when hosting on another machine. On first hit to HBASE I get an error
saying:

org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapperValve invoke
SEVERE: Servlet.service() for servlet [sitepulsewebsite] in context with
path [/SitePulseWeb] threw exception [Request processing failed; nested
exception is javax.jdo.JDODataStoreException
NestedThrowables:org.apache.hadoop.hbase.MasterNotRunningException:
localhost:60000] with root cause
org.apache.hadoop.hbase.MasterNotRunningException: localhost:60000

And on the subsequent hits, I am getting the exception:

org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapperValve invoke
SEVERE: Servlet.service() for servlet [sitepulsewebsite] in context with
path [/SitePulseWeb] threw exception [Request processing failed; nested
exception is javax.jdo.JDODataStoreException: Failed setting up proxy
interface org.apache.hadoop.hbase.ipc.HRegionInterface to
localhost/127.0.0.1:60020 after attempts=1
NestedThrowables: org.apache.hadoop.hbase.client.RetriesExhaustedException:
Failed setting up proxy interface
org.apache.hadoop.hbase.ipc.HRegionInterface to localhost/127.0.0.1:60020
after attempts=1] with root cause

I tried changing the /etc/hosts file by replacing

127.0.0.1 localhost

by

192.168.100.103 localhost #this is the local ip of machine hosting HBASE and
Hadoop

After doing this it worked perfectly but not without it. Since I could not
keep this setting in the production machine, kindly lem know the property I
might be missing to set in hbase-site.xml of my Java application.

I am stuck on this for past 4 days without any clue, please help me out in
this with whatever you have.

thanks in advance

devsri