Posted to dev@sling.apache.org by Carsten Ziegeler <cz...@apache.org> on 2010/12/07 09:14:12 UTC

Towards a Sling 6

Hi,

I think it's time to get Sling 6 out :)

Afaik, we don't really have any blockers open - there might be some nice
to have features, but if we don't get them in now, we can include them
for Sling 7.

As the next step, I would like to release those artifacts which we
already released for Sling 6, but discovered problems after that:
Api
Adapter
Auth.*
Commons and JCR Classloader

Engine and jcr content loader are on this list as well, but I would
include them in a second round.

So, my question is, is anything preventing us from releasing those
artifacts?

Regards
Carsten
--
Carsten Ziegeler
cziegeler@apache.org

Re: Towards a Sling 6

Posted by Mike Moulton <mi...@meltmedia.com>.
That's great to hear Carsten. I'm very much looking forward to an official release of Sling 6.

--

mike moulton | meltmedia

On Jan 13, 2011, at 12:36 AM, Carsten Ziegeler wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Mike Moulton  wrote
>> I wanted to bring the topic of Sling 6 back up in Carsten's behalf, now that the holidays are out of the way and most people are getting back into the daily grind.
>>
>> Do you think it would be wise to establish the final plan for releasing Sling 6?
>>
> Yes :) My current plan is to release some of the missing modules either
> next week or the week after. We have two open bugs in the engine (if I
> remember correctly) and then only launchpad is missing.
>
> Regards
> Carsten
>
>> --
>>
>> mike moulton | meltmedia
>>
>> mike@meltmedia.com
>> w | 602.648.6810
>> c | 602.432.2568
>> @mmoulton
>>

>> On Dec 7, 2010, at 1:14 AM, Carsten Ziegeler wrote:
>>
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> I think it's time to get Sling 6 out :)
>>>
>>> Afaik, we don't really have any blockers open - there might be some nice
>>> to have features, but if we don't get them in now, we can include them
>>> for Sling 7.
>>>
>>> As the next step, I would like to release those artifacts which we
>>> already released for Sling 6, but discovered problems after that:
>>> Api
>>> Adapter

Re: Towards a Sling 6

Posted by Carsten Ziegeler <cz...@apache.org>.