Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Christoph Kukulies <ku...@gilberto.physik.rwth-aachen.de> on 2000/11/27 18:58:27 UTC

passing parameters to a Servlet

I have some strings with blanks that I have to pass to a
Servlet in the URL. How can I do that?

Re: passing parameters to a Servlet

Posted by Christoph Kukulies <ku...@gilberto.physik.RWTH-Aachen.DE>.
On Wed, Nov 29, 2000 at 11:09:49AM +0530, Ramesh Kumar . T wrote:
> Encode only your parameter string  , using URLEncoder.encode()
>
> ex:  jsp/test.jsp?param1=value1&param2=value2
> encode only the parameters and not the file name

Thanks and thanks to others who pointed me to this
URLEncoder class. It's good to know that :-) - better than fiddling
with strings.

Posted by "Ramesh Kumar . T" <ra...@india.adventnet.com>.

Posted by Tony Keith <to...@paycom.net>.

Posted by Matt Goss <mg...@rtci.com>.
Christoph,
Here you go:
www.myhost.com/myappname/servlet/myservletname?parameter1=value1&parameter2=value2

if the parameters are blank, they should look like this:
parameter1=&parameter2=
hope this helps,
Matt Goss