Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Peter Mihalik <pm...@digitalsystems.sk> on 2007/04/08 04:13:05 UTC

multi windowed apps

hi, does tapestry support multi window applications?

--
pm

Re: multi windowed apps

Posted by Jesse Kuhnert <jk...@gmail.com>.
Again, I think that's universally handled by the fact that most
browsers share some basic memory space / session data no matter how
many windows you open.

If your session strategy is with cookies (the default) then it will
work. Url re-writing will work the same.

Re: multi windowed apps

Posted by Howard Lewis Ship <hl...@gmail.com>.
Also, if you persist all your properties on the client, then
multi-windowed works.

I've been wanting, for a while, to create a more sophisticated
property persistence strategy that supported this use case without
resorting to moving all state to the client.

On 4/8/07, Peter Mihalik <pm...@digitalsystems.sk> wrote:
> no, no.. i don't talk about target="whatever".. i mean if i use the
> persist annotation can i have only 1 conversation to the page for the
> session? eg. can i have only 1 window opened? for example spring webflow
> can have an arbitrary number of the same conversations open for the
> session. i can independently work on 1 computer 1 browser with the same
> application using more windows to talk to the same flow. is there a
> support for something similar in tapestry?
>
> > Yes - but only in the same way that every web framework does. Change
> > the target of your link / form to the window you want the result to be
> > in.
> >
> > est voila!
> >
> > On 4/7/07, Peter Mihalik <pm...@digitalsystems.sk> wrote:
> >> hi, does tapestry support multi window applications?
> >>
> >> --
> >> pm

> > --
> > Jesse Kuhnert
> > Tapestry/Dojo team member/developer
> >
> > Open source based consulting work centered around
> > dojo/tapestry/tacos/hivemind. http://blog.opencomponentry.com

Howard M. Lewis Ship
TWD Consulting, Inc.
Creator and PMC Chair, Apache Tapestry
Creator, Apache HiveMind

RE: multi windowed apps

Posted by Jonathan Barker <jo...@gmail.com>.
Peter,

If you use client persistence, then the answer would be yes.

However, I don't think there isn't any built-in server-based conversational
persistence.

It is something I saw in a presentation on JBoss Seam, and I thought it
would be great to add to Tapestry, but I haven't had any projects that
needed it enough to do it.

The strategy, as I recall, is to have some methods used for demarcation of
the beginning / ending of conversations to know when to discard the session
data for a particular conversation.

I guess the work-around now would be to client-persist a conversation id,
and then have a Map of conversations stored in an ASO.

Jonathan

Re: multi windowed apps

Posted by Peter Mihalik <pm...@digitalsystems.sk>.

Re: multi windowed apps