Posted to fop-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org by "Puppala, Kumar (LNG-DAY)" <ku...@lexisnexis.com> on 2005/06/06 14:13:46 UTC

Simple Question - line spacing

How do I get dual ( or triple) spacing using FO? I was under the impression
that I need to use line-height property and set its value to twice the
font-size. But I am not certain that this is the right technique and would
like your opinion.

Thanks,

Kumar Puppala

Re: Simple Question - line spacing

Posted by "J.Pietschmann" <j3...@yahoo.de>.
Sajeesh N Kakkat wrote:
> I am trying to log the FOP messages to a log file I use in my application,
> currently FOP uses avalon for looging its messages and it puts them in the
> system,out. I am using the log$j framework in the application and logging
> my messages to a file. Is there a way I can send the FOP messages to this
> file ?

You can set your own logger, see:
   http://xml.apache.org/fop/embedding.html#logging
Use an org.apache.avalon.framework.logger.Log4JLogger.

Please use an informative subject line next time you ask
a question, and start writing a new message rather than
replying to an existing thread.

J.Pietschmann

Re: FOP Logging Mechanism

Posted by Sajeesh N Kakkat <ks...@in.ibm.com>.
Hi J,

Thanks much. I am able to log them into the file after I set the
messagehandler before setting the options for FOP.

regards,

Sajeesh

             "J.Pietschmann"
             <j3322ptm@yahoo.d
             e>                                                         To
                                       fop-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org
             06/08/2005 10:17                                           cc
             PM
                                                                   Subject
                                       Re: FOP Logging Mechanism
             Please respond to
                 fop-users

Sajeesh N Kakkat wrote:
> In  FOP/AVALON case these messages were logged to the console  (Does
> anybody know how to correct the behavior ? ):
>
> [WARNING] Screen logger not set - Using ConsoleLogger.
> [INFO] Using org.apache.xerces.parsers.SAXParser as SAX2 Parser
> [INFO] Using org.apache.xerces.parsers.SAXParser as SAX2 Parser
>
> and the rest to the file :
> Driver driver = new Driver();
>
> driver.setLogger(avalonlogger);
>
> MessageHandler.setScreenLogger(avalonlogger);
>
> Does anybody know why those 3 lines are going to console and not to the
log
> file ?

The log entries are generated by the config file reader. Set the message
handler as early as possible, before an Options object is created.

J.Pietschmann

Re: FOP Logging Mechanism

Posted by "J.Pietschmann" <j3...@yahoo.de>.

FOP Logging Mechanism

Posted by Sajeesh N Kakkat <ks...@in.ibm.com>.
Hi,

I was able to use the FOP/AVALON to log it to the LOG4j file but partially
:)

In  FOP/AVALON case these messages were logged to the console  (Does
anybody know how to correct the behavior ? ):

[WARNING] Screen logger not set - Using ConsoleLogger.
[INFO] Using org.apache.xerces.parsers.SAXParser as SAX2 Parser
[INFO] Using org.apache.xerces.parsers.SAXParser as SAX2 Parser

and the rest to the file :

INFO  2005-06-08 21:24:10,365 - building formatting object tree
INFO  2005-06-08 21:24:10,365 - setting up fonts
ERROR 2005-06-08 21:24:10,405 - Failed to read a font metrics file: Invalid
font file (embedFile): C:\WINDOWS\Fonts\SIMSUN.TTF (unknown protocol: c)
ERROR 2005-06-08 21:24:10,405 - Failed to read a font metrics file: Invalid
font file (embedFile): C:\WINDOWS\Fonts\mssong.ttf (unknown protocol: c)
ERROR 2005-06-08 21:24:10,405 - Failed to read a font metrics file: Invalid
font file (embedFile): C:\WINDOWS\Fonts\mshei.ttf (unknown protocol: c)
INFO  2005-06-08 21:24:10,595 - [1]
DEBUG 2005-06-08 21:24:10,715 - Last page-sequence produced 1 pages.
INFO  2005-06-08 21:24:10,715 - Parsing of document complete, stopping
renderer
DEBUG 2005-06-08 21:24:10,715 - Initial heap size: 2192Kb
DEBUG 2005-06-08 21:24:10,715 - Current heap size: 2791Kb
DEBUG 2005-06-08 21:24:10,715 - Total memory used: 598Kb
DEBUG 2005-06-08 21:24:10,715 -   Memory use is indicative; no GC was
performed
DEBUG 2005-06-08 21:24:10,725 -   These figures should not be used
comparatively
DEBUG 2005-06-08 21:24:10,725 - Total time used: 360ms
DEBUG 2005-06-08 21:24:10,725 - Pages rendered: 1
DEBUG 2005-06-08 21:24:10,725 - Avg render time: 360ms/page

Heres what I am doing in the code  :

org.apache.log4j.Logger log4jlogger =
org.apache.log4j.Logger.getLogger(FOPRenderer.class);

org.apache.avalon.framework.logger.Logger avalonlogger = new
org.apache.avalon.framework.logger.Log4JLogger(log4jlogger);

Driver driver = new Driver();

driver.setLogger(avalonlogger);

MessageHandler.setScreenLogger(avalonlogger);

Does anybody know why those 3 lines are going to console and not to the log
file ?

regards,

Sajeesh

             Sajeesh N
             Kakkat/India/IBM@
             IBMIN                                                      To
                                       fop-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org
             06/08/2005 11:58                                           cc
             AM
                                                                   Subject

Posted by Luke <lu...@lukeshannon.com>.
Setting the line-height to a value of 2.4 at the root element level for the entire document will give you a double spacing look. There may be other ways to do it, but this is the one I'm familiar with.

Luke

Posted by Sajeesh N Kakkat <ks...@in.ibm.com>.
Hi Kumar,

I have used line-height in fo block and got the results in spacing as I
needed, it should also work for you.

Thanks and regards,

Sajeesh