Posted to user@spark.apache.org by nancy henry <na...@gmail.com> on 2017/02/10 05:59:00 UTC

Is it better to Use Java or Python on Scala for Spark for using big data sets

Hi All,

Is it better to Use Java or Python on Scala for Spark coding..

Mainly My work is with getting file data which is in csv format  and I have
to do some rule checking and rule aggrgeation

and put the final filtered data back to oracle so that real time apps can
use it..

Re: Is it better to Use Java or Python on Scala for Spark for using big data sets

Posted by Gourav Sengupta <go...@gmail.com>.
SPARK is  written in SCALA and that is why its so efficient and super fast.

If you are looking for efficiency, speed, and easily maintainable code
(where you do not have to write thousands of lines of code instead of a few
lines) please use Scala functional programming. I have seen horrible JAVA
morons who use Scala for OOPs and claim its nothing new please avoid them.

Regards,
Gourav

Posted by Spark User <sp...@gmail.com>.