Posted to dev@lucene.apache.org by Tommaso Teofili <to...@gmail.com> on 2013/01/17 17:44:32 UTC

[DISCUSS] Enable javadoc check on Solr too

Hi all,

What do you think about (re) enabling javadoc check for Solr build too?
At start it may be a little annoying (since a lot of Solr code misses
proper javadoc thus we may have lots of failing builds) but that should
turn in being a very useful thing for devs once that's fixed and we keep
adding javadocs along with checked in code.

So basically that should just use current Lucene's task for checking
javadoc and make the build fail if there's any missing javadoc.
We could add that as soon as 4.1 is out.

What do you think?
Regards,
Tommaso

Re: [DISCUSS] Enable javadoc check on Solr too

Posted by Tommaso Teofili <to...@gmail.com>.
...and surely working in a branch as suggested by Alan would be a good idea
:-)
Thanks Alan,
Tommaso

Posted by Tommaso Teofili <to...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Yonik Seeley <yo...@lucidworks.com>.

Posted by Alan Woodward <al...@flax.co.uk>.
+1, this is an excellent idea, and I'm fully up for helping.  There are a *lot* of missing docs, though - it might be worth making a branch first, just so that several people can hack on it before we let Jenkins loose.

Alan Woodward
www.flax.co.uk