Posted to solr-dev@lucene.apache.org by Noble Paul നോബിള്‍ नोब्ळ् <no...@gmail.com> on 2009/01/06 05:10:06 UTC

error: exceeded limit of maxWarmingSearcher

I have implemented the javabin update functionality (SOLR-8965) and
the LargeVolumeJettytestcase is failing with the following message.

exceeded limit of maxWarmingSearchers=2, try again later.
Jan 5, 2009 5:44:40 PM
org.apache.solr.update.processor.LogUpdateProcessor finish
INFO: {} 0 15
Jan 5, 2009 5:44:40 PM org.apache.solr.common.SolrException log
SEVERE: org.apache.solr.common.SolrException: Error opening new
searcher. exceeded limit of maxWarmingSearchers=2, try again later.
	at org.apache.solr.core.SolrCore.getSearcher(SolrCore.java:1050)
	at org.apache.solr.update.DirectUpdateHandler2.commit(DirectUpdateHandler2.java:350)
	at org.apache.solr.update.processor.RunUpdateProcessor.processCommit(RunUpdateProcessorFactory.java:78)
	at org.apache.solr.handler.BinaryUpdateRequestHandler.parseAndLoadDocs(BinaryUpdateRequestHandler.java:95)

Can anyone point me to what I may be doing wrong?
--
--Noble Paul

Re: error: exceeded limit of maxWarmingSearcher

Posted by sunnyfr <jo...@gmail.com>.
Hi Otis

It's exactly what happening to me ... what would you reckon .. I've tws
searchers still on .. how can I stop this ...
I just started my commit every 5mn ..
with auto snapshot afeter commit.

I don't know what can I do,
thanks A LOT

Posted by Noble Paul നോബിള്‍ नोब्ळ् <no...@gmail.com>.
I found it out. The ContentStreamHandlerBase also calls commit

thanks
--Noble

Posted by Yonik Seeley <ys...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Noble Paul നോബിള്‍ नोब्ळ् <no...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Noble Paul നോബിള്‍ नोब्ळ् <no...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Otis Gospodnetic <ot...@yahoo.com>.

Posted by Mark Miller <ma...@gmail.com>.
Noble Paul ??????? ?????? wrote:
> I have implemented the javabin update functionality (SOLR-8965) and
> the LargeVolumeJettytestcase is failing with the following message.
>

> exceeded limit of maxWarmingSearchers=2, try again later.
> Jan 5, 2009 5:44:40 PM
> org.apache.solr.update.processor.LogUpdateProcessor finish
> INFO: {} 0 15
> Jan 5, 2009 5:44:40 PM org.apache.solr.common.SolrException log
> SEVERE: org.apache.solr.common.SolrException: Error opening new
> searcher. exceeded limit of maxWarmingSearchers=2, try again later.
> 	at org.apache.solr.core.SolrCore.getSearcher(SolrCore.java:1050)
> 	at org.apache.solr.update.DirectUpdateHandler2.commit(DirectUpdateHandler2.java:350)
> 	at org.apache.solr.update.processor.RunUpdateProcessor.processCommit(RunUpdateProcessorFactory.java:78)
> 	at org.apache.solr.handler.BinaryUpdateRequestHandler.parseAndLoadDocs(BinaryUpdateRequestHandler.java:95)
>
> Can anyone point me to what I may be doing wrong?

Likely committing too often somehow.

- Mark