Posted to users@openoffice.apache.org by Ryan Gillis <RG...@granitenet.com> on 2021/10/11 15:50:44 UTC

Terrible application

Was copy pasting plain text from one cell to another in Calc  - one word, "Pending", and it actually crashed and totally corrupted the file so it can't even be recovered.. lost all the work!   Worst spreadsheet I have ever used!   Can't believe it's so horrible it can't even handle copy/pasting!!

Ryan Gillis
IT: Dev Ops Engineer Level III
Granite Telecommunications
*   150 Newport Ave Ext. Quincy, MA, 02171
* 781-971-8363
* rgillis@granitenet.com<ma...@granitenet.com>

Re: Terrible application

Posted by Robin Lord <ro...@fastmail.fm>.
I have used open office for 20 years without any such problems, I think it is in most respects better than MS Office and of course it is free of charge, so persevere.

--
Best Regards

Robin