Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by Patricia A Moss <pm...@csc.com> on 2009/04/16 18:16:38 UTC

Subversion and LDAP URL

I see, from the documentation that you can specify more than one LDAP URL,
for apache to try; if you use the following syntax:
AuthLDAPUrl "ldap://ldap1.example.com ldap2.example.com/dc=..."

Does anyone know the syntax for this if the 2 urls are on different
domains?

PATI MOSS
System Engineer Sr. Professional
CSC

Re: Subversion and LDAP URL

Posted by Patricia A Moss <pm...@csc.com>.
>The way Jeremy said is the only way to do this on Apache, bu tyou will
>have 2 separate urls for the repositories. one for each AuthLDAPUrl.

>Like this:

><Location /repos1>
>  DAV svn
>  SvnParentPath /var/subversion/repositories
>  SvnListParentPath On
>  AuthBasicProvider ldap
>  AuthType Basic
>  AuthName "Subversion Server"
>  AuthLDAPURL
>"ldap://server.domain1.internal/DC=domain1,DC=internal?sAMAccountName?sub?(&(objectClass=user)(objectCatego>ry=person))"
>  AuthLDAPBindDN "CN=subversion,CN=Users,DC=domain1,DC=internal"
>  AuthLDAPBindPassword Password
>  AuthzLDAPAuthoritative Off
>  Require valid-user
></Location>

><Location /repos2>
>  DAV svn
>  SvnParentPath /var/subversion/repositories
>  SvnListParentPath On
>  AuthType Basic
>  AuthName "Subversion Server"
>  AuthLDAPURL
>"ldap://server.domain2.internal/DC=domain,DC=internal?sAMAccountName?sub?(&(objectClass=user)(objectCategor>y=person))"
>  AuthLDAPBindDN "CN=subversion,CN=Users,DC=domain2,DC=internal"
>  AuthLDAPBindPassword Password
>  AuthzLDAPAuthoritative Off
>  Require valid-user
></Location>

My issue is that the same repository will need access to both urls, for
user authorization.  I tried having 2 locations with the same name and
that did not work. Having the above configuration looks like there are 2
different locations. Will the one repository be able to authenticate
against either url?

Re: Subversion and LDAP URL

Posted by RolandB <ro...@evodion.de>.
Could you please tell me how you solved the problem?
I have to do the same task.

Re: Subversion and LDAP URL

Re: Subversion and LDAP URL

Posted by Carlos Beppler <be...@gmail.com>.

Re: Subversion and LDAP URL

Posted by Patricia A Moss <pm...@csc.com>.

Re: Subversion and LDAP URL

Posted by Jeremy Whitlock <jc...@gmail.com>.

--
Take care,

Jeremy Whitlock
http://www.thoughtspark.org

Re: Subversion and LDAP URL

Posted by Patricia A Moss <pm...@csc.com>.

Re: Subversion and LDAP URL

Posted by Jeremy Whitlock <jc...@gmail.com>.

Re: Subversion and LDAP URL

Posted by Patricia A Moss <pm...@csc.com>.
> I see, from the documentation that you can specify more than one LDAP
URL,
> for apache to try; if you use the following syntax:
> AuthLDAPUrl "ldap://ldap1.example.com ldap2.example.com/dc=..."
>
> Does anyone know the syntax for this if the 2 urls are on different
domains?

The Apache docs just suggest to separate the urls by a space.
Doesn't seem to suggest that things are handled different if the
domains for the urls are different

I figured out that I didn't have the entire line enclosed in quotes.  Now
I have another question:
There is a different AuthLDAPBindDN and AuthLDAPBindPassword for each
AuthLDAPURL. What is the correct syntax for those?  I have them on
seperate lines, but my accounts are still not authenticating.

<Location /amertest>
dav svn
SVNPath /disk01/home/amertest
AuthType Basic
AuthBasicProvider ldap
AuthzLDAPAuthoritative off
AuthName "CSC Subversion Repository"
AuthLDAPBindDN FCGNET\accountname1
AuthLDAPBindPassword password1
#AuthLDAPURL ldap://servername
.com:3268/DC=fcg,DC=com?samAccountName?sub?(object
Category=person)
AuthLDAPBindDN "CN=accountname2,OU=CG Service
Accounts,OU=Cons,OU=Users,OU=Producti
on,DC=amer,DC=globalcsc,DC=net"
AuthLDAPBindPassword password2
AuthLDAPURL "ldap://servername1.com:3268/DC=fcg,DC=co ldap://servername2
.net:3268/DC=globalcsc,DC=net?samAccountName?sub?(objectCategory=person)"
Require valid-user
Options Indexes FollowSymLinks
order allow,deny
allow from all
# Allows group to have read access to the repository
<Limit GET PROPFIND OPTIONS REPORT>
 Require ldap-group CN=PRJ Test Migration,OU=U.S.,OU=Groups,DC=fcg,DC=com
 Require ldap-group CN=TEAM-G-Test Migration,OU=LS Projects,OU=All
Groups,OU=Con
s,OU=Users,OU=Production,DC=amer,DC=globalcsc,DC=net
</Limit>
# Allows group to have write access to the repository
<LimitExcept GET PROPFIND OPTIONS REPORT>
 Require ldap-group CN=PRJ Test Migration,OU=U.S.,OU=Groups,DC=fcg,DC=com
 Require ldap-group CN=TEAM-G-Test Migration,OU=LS Projects,OU=All
Groups,OU=Con
s,OU=Users,OU=Production,DC=amer,DC=globalcsc,DC=net
</LimitExcept>
</Location>

Re: Subversion and LDAP URL

Posted by Jeremy Whitlock <jc...@gmail.com>.