Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by David Geleyn <da...@yahoo.co.uk> on 2003/11/03 16:02:31 UTC

SourceWritingTransformer doesn't delete non-empty directories.

Hi all,

I'm trying to delete a non-empty directory with the source writing transformer. This results in "Could not delete blahblah (unknown reason)".

I took the liberty to search for the cause of this. The FileSource class from the excalibur source classes is used (via ModifiableSource in SourceWritingTransformer). The delete function of this class is called. This function uses the File.delete function (which doesn't delete non-empty directories). This is standard java behaviour, I assume? Shouldn't FileSource check whether the source is a directory and act properly? Examples of recursive deletes of directories can be found on the internet: http://javaalmanac.com/egs/java.io/DeleteDir.html?l=rel.

I realize that I can work around with a DirectoryGenerator, but when the directory to delete is determined by some request parameters, it becomes too complicated (imo).

I'm going to use XSP/action/... now to delete that directory recursively...

Thanks!

David Geleyn