Posted to user@drill.apache.org by Abhishek Girish <ag...@apache.org> on 2020/08/30 17:14:32 UTC

[VOTE] Release Apache Drill 1.18.0 - RC0

Hi all,

I'd like to propose the first release candidate (RC0) of Apache Drill,
version 1.18.0.

The release candidate covers a total of 164 resolved JIRAs [1]. Thanks to
everyone who contributed to this release.

The tarball artifacts are hosted at [2] and the maven artifacts are hosted
at [3].

This release candidate is based on commit
91678ca6a48509b11530f1ce6c3d75fc9f4eadc0 located at [4].

The vote ends at 17:00 PM UTC (10:00 AM PDT, 7:00 PM EET, 10:30 PM IST),
Sep 2, 2020.

[ ] +1
[ ] +0
[ ] -1

Here's my vote: +1 (non-binding). Please note that while all votes matter,
only PMC votes are binding.

[1]
https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?version=12345459&styleName=Html&projectId=12313820
[2] http://home.apache.org/~agirish/drill/releases/1.18.0/rc0/
[3] https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachedrill-1080/
[4] https://github.com/agirish/drill/commits/drill-1.18.0

Regards,
Abhishek

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Drill 1.18.0 - RC0

Posted by Charles Givre <cg...@gmail.com>.
Hi Abhishek,
I downloaded the built executables and ran queries in embedded mode against files and APIs.  All went well, so you have a +1 from me.
-- C

Posted by Abhishek Girish <ag...@apache.org>.
Thanks Charles! Hope you are recovering well. Please take care.

Posted by Abhishek Girish <ag...@apache.org>.

Posted by Charles Givre <cg...@gmail.com>.
Hey Abhishek,

Posted by "Ben-Zvi, Boaz" <bo...@hpe.com>.
Hi Abhishek,

   Downloaded both the binary and src tarballs, and verified both the SHA signatures and the PGP.

Built successfully on the Mac (using the latest Corretto-11 JDK).

Installed on both Linux (CentOS 8.1 / Corretto-11) and an old Mac ( Catalina / Oracle JDK 14 ) and tested some old favorite queries.

    +1 (binding) from me on RC0

   Thanks,

       Boaz

On 9/2/20, 12:18 PM, "Paul Rogers" <pa...@gmail.com> wrote:

    Hi Abhishek,

    Downloaded the tar file, installed Drill, cleaned my ZK and poked around in
    the UI.

    As you noted, you've already run the thousands of unit tests and the test
    framework, so no point in trying to repeat that. Our tests, however, don't
    cover the UI much at all, so I clicked around on the basics to ensure
    things basically work. Seems good.

    To catch the odd cases, would be great if someone who uses Drill in
    production could try it out. Until then, my vote is +1.

    - Paul

Posted by "Ben-Zvi, Boaz" <bo...@hpe.com>.
Hi Abhishek,

Posted by Paul Rogers <pa...@gmail.com>.
Hi Abhishek,

Posted by Charles Givre <cg...@gmail.com>.
Hey Abhishek,

Posted by Paul Rogers <pa...@gmail.com>.
Hi Abhishek,

Posted by Abhishek Girish <ag...@apache.org>.
Thanks Vova!

Posted by Abhishek Girish <ag...@apache.org>.
Thanks Vova!

Posted by Volodymyr Vysotskyi <vo...@apache.org>.

Posted by Volodymyr Vysotskyi <vo...@apache.org>.

Posted by Volodymyr Vysotskyi <vo...@apache.org>.
Hi all,

Posted by Volodymyr Vysotskyi <vo...@apache.org>.
Hi all,

Posted by Abhishek Girish <ag...@apache.org>.

Posted by Abhishek Girish <ag...@apache.org>.

Posted by Charles Givre <cg...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Charles Givre <cg...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Abhishek Girish <ag...@apache.org>.
Hey Charles,

Posted by Abhishek Girish <ag...@apache.org>.
Hey Charles,

Posted by Charles Givre <cg...@gmail.com>.
HI Abhishek,

Posted by Charles Givre <cg...@gmail.com>.
HI Abhishek,

Posted by Abhishek Girish <ag...@apache.org>.

Posted by Abhishek Girish <ag...@apache.org>.

Posted by Abhishek Girish <ag...@apache.org>.

Posted by Abhishek Girish <ag...@apache.org>.

Posted by Abhishek Girish <ag...@apache.org>.
Thanks to everyone who voted. The vote closes. I'll share results in
another email.

Posted by Abhishek Girish <ag...@apache.org>.

Posted by Charles Givre <cg...@gmail.com>.
Hi Abhishek,