Posted to users@myfaces.apache.org by Stan81 <st...@gmail.com> on 2006/10/17 16:37:32 UTC

Strange problem with myfaces components on a PDA

Hello,

I have a very strange problem. I have developed a site which works just fine
with IE on my desktop computer, but is not functioning properly with IE on a
Pocket PC. The most bizzare thing is that a page with a similar content and
behavior is working even on the PDA, but the other page is not. Here is it's
content :

<f:view>
            <h:form>
                 <t:panelTabbedPane bgcolor="#CCFFFF">
                 <t:panelTab label="Filter">
                 <%--<t:outputText value="From date:"/>--%>
                 <h:outputText value="<br>" escape="false"/>
                 <h:inputText id="fromDt" value="#{SearchDocBean.fromDt}"/>

                 <h:outputText value="<br>" escape="false"/>

                 <%--<t:outputText value="To date:" />--%>
                 <h:outputText value="<br>" escape="false"/>
                 <h:inputText id="toDt" value="#{SearchDocBean.toDt}"/>
                 <h:outputText value="<br>" escape="false"/>

                 <h:commandButton id="searchButton"
action="#{SearchDocBean.searchDocs}" value="Search"/>

                 <t:dataTable id="dataR" value="#{SearchDocBean.docs}"
var="doc" border="0" rendered="#{SearchDocBean.hasDocs}" cellspacing="1"
cellpadding="0"
                      sortColumn="#{SearchDocBean.sort}"
sortAscending="#{SearchDocBean.ascending}" rows="10" >

                        <t:column  style="background:#00FFAA"
headerstyle="background: #00FF00">
                                 <f:facet name="header">
                                   <t:commandSortHeader
columnName="dateColumn" >
                                    <f:verbatim>Date</f:verbatim>
                                   </t:commandSortHeader>
                                 </f:facet>

                              <h:outputText value="#{doc.docDate}"/>
                         </t:column>

                         <t:column style="background:#00FFFF"
headerstyle="background: #00FF00">
                             <f:facet name="header">
                                      <t:commandSortHeader
columnName="numberColumn"  >
                                      <f:verbatim>Number</f:verbatim>
                                      </t:commandSortHeader>
                             </f:facet>
                             <h:commandLink value="#{doc.msDocNumber}"/>
                         </t:column>

                        </t:dataTable>
                        <%--<h:panelGrid columns="1"
styleClass="scrollerTable2" columnClasses="standardTable_ColumnCentered" >
--%>
                        <t:dataScroller
                        id="unique100"
                        for="dataR"
                        fastStep="10"
                        pageCountVar="pageCount"
                        pageIndexVar="pageIndex"
                        paginator="true"
                        paginatorMaxPages="9"
                        paginatorTableClass="paginator"
                        paginatorActiveColumnStyle="font-weight:bold;"
                        rendered="#{SearchDocBean.hasDocs}">
                        </t:dataScroller>
                  <%--</h:panelGrid>--%>

                 </t:panelTab>
                 </t:panelTabbedPane>
            </h:form>
        </f:view>

The page works with the commented tags. The problems come when I uncomment
them. This leads to the page stopping to be responsive, no actions of the
buttons and links are executed. How can these simple outputText tags cause
such a problem. I'm out of ideas already. Please help ! Thanks

RE: Tree2- how to hide a branch

Posted by "Jiang, Jane (NIH/NCI) [C]" <ji...@mail.nih.gov>.
Thanks Andrew and Bill for the suggestions.

I thought Andrew's idea was great and I went ahead and tried it.  It worked well.  But I could not get the screen to refresh right after the user click the radio button.  I set up break points in the getChildren() and getChildrenCount() methods, and found that they called countless times.  I decided it is safer to update tree data instead.

Thanks a lot for sharing.

Jane

Posted by William Huang <WH...@intralinks.com>.

Re: Tree2- how to hide a branch

Posted by Andrew Robinson <an...@gmail.com>.

Tree2- how to hide a branch

Re: Strange problem with myfaces components on a PDA

Posted by Jeff Bischoff <jb...@klkurz.com>.
Stan,

I think many Trinidad users do check it out of SVN directly. (not sure!)

But there do seem to be nightly builds available. See [1].

[1]
http://people.apache.org/maven-snapshot-repository/org/apache/myfaces/trinidad/

Regards,

Jeff Bischoff
Kenneth L Kurz & Associates, Inc.

Posted by Stan81 <st...@gmail.com>.
Hello Matthias,

Posted by Matthias Wessendorf <ma...@apache.org>.
Stan,

Posted by Julian Ray <ju...@yahoo.com>.
What browser are you using on the PDA? IE does not support JavaScript on the
the PDAs so many of the Tomahawk actions fail. You could try Mozilla's new
browser minimo or Opera for mobile. Does anyone know of any other browsers
which work?