Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Immutability <de...@bielik.org> on 2012/05/04 11:18:53 UTC

Re: Tapestry-Boostrap Alpha 2 available

Barry, I really love your work on the tapestry-bootstrap and I'm just trying
to use it for one of our projects. I'm using the latest snapshot jar of the
library and so far everything worked nicely but now I'm trying to use the
bootstrap supported help-block within a BeanEditForm. I was looking at
tapestry-boostrap to see if this isn't already supported and found the
BootstrapFrameworkVisitor.addHelp method that's supposed to add a <div
class="help-block"> after an input element if it finds a message matching
input's name with a -help suffix.

I've tried this but can't make it work. Imagine a BeanEditForm for a User
object with a lastName property. I have 2 properties defined in the
app.properties file - lastName-label, and lastName-help. While
lastName-label is being used for the input field's label as expected, the
lastName-help doesn't have any effect.

I guess my main question is whether this is supposed to work this way or am
I doing something stupid? Btw I'm using form-horizontal style and the form
is properly updated by the tapestry-bootstrap module to use appropriate
styles instead of the default Tapestry styles.

Thanks for any guidance in advance!

Rado

Posted by trsvax <tr...@gmail.com>.
I rewrote a bunch of the bead editor code and I don't remember testing the
help part. Add an issue on Github and I'll take a look. I'm going to try and
provide a beta release next weekend and I'll try and get it done by then