Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by R-Elists <li...@abbacomm.net> on 2010/01/27 17:18:28 UTC

jhardin test rules

in regards to

http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/spamassassin/trunk/rulesrc/sandbox/jhardin/

Q1) what does this annotation mean?

* Do not publish the ADVANCE_FEE re-evolve test rules! *

we frequently check for updates and it appears that we shouldnt at this time
until ???

Q2)  when?   :-)

tia

 - rh

Re: jhardin test rules

Posted by John Hardin <jh...@impsec.org>.
On Wed, 27 Jan 2010, R-Elists wrote:

> in regards to
>
> http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/spamassassin/trunk/rulesrc/sandbox/jhardin/
>
> Q1) what does this annotation mean?
>
> * Do not publish the ADVANCE_FEE re-evolve test rules! *

This means they are development-only rules that exist for masscheck score
evaluation and shouldn't be automatically grabbed for sa_update use if
they perform well. I don't want them to automatically go out as they at
least partly overlap the existing base ADVANCE_FEE rule hits.

My intent is to update the existing ADVANCE_FEE ruleset after 3.3.0
stabilizes and ships. I've also backed off on tweaking them while 3.3.0 is
underway, though I probably should take another look given the change in
character ot 419 spams that I'm seeing lately.

> we frequently check for updates and it appears that we shouldnt at this
> time until ???

I you wish to _manually_ use them, feel free. Just be aware there _is_
some overlap with the existing base ADVANCE_FEE rules.

    "A well educated Electorate, being necessary to the liberty of a
     free State, the Right of the People to Keep and Read Books,
     shall not be infringed."
   ...means only registered voters can read books, and only those books
   obtained with State permission from State-controlled bookstores?
  Today: the 43rd anniversary of the loss of Apollo 1