Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Denny Chambers <dc...@snapserver.com> on 2001/12/13 18:21:35 UTC

Problem w Apache "Server Name" directive

Hi All,

	I had a problem while deploying an Apache 1.3.20/mod_ssl/Tomcat
4.0.1/WepApps configuration. The errors that I was getting began
something like this: "[error] Cannot deploy application MyAppName". The
solution that I found in the Tomcat User Archives was to change the
ServerName directive in httpd.conf to my ip address instead of a host
name. This work to get me passed that problem, but I really need to have
my host name back in there. Does any one know of a better fix for this.
I have included the message from the archive below.

<Quote from = Philippe Khalife>
I'm not claiming I know the reason why this error happens, but I
 have the
 same problem.

 My fix:
 Change the ServerName in httpd.conf to be the IP address instead of
 the
 hostname.domain.com, keep the name in server.xml
 it works.
</Quote>