Posted to users@openoffice.apache.org by Caroline Abblitt <ca...@googlemail.com.INVALID> on 2023/01/31 14:26:16 UTC

Question about embedding fonts in Open Office

Hi, thanks for all you do!

I just have a question about Open Office.

I want to share an rtf written file, and I know I mustn’t embed fonts
unless I am sure they are ok to embed. Are fonts automatically embedded on
an RTF file or is this not an issue?

Also, if I export a document to be a PDF, do the fonts have to be embedded
or is there a way I can prevent them from being embedded?

I basically want to share a file, ideally as a PDF, without embedding any
fonts that aren’t licensed to be embedded.

Thanks so much!

Caroline

Re: Question about embedding fonts in Open Office

Posted by Wade Smart <wa...@gmail.com>.
Hi Caroline, if you are creating it in OO and using
any of the included fonts, its fine. Just export as
pdf and send it on.

--
Registered Linux User: #480675
Registered Linux Machine: #408606

Posted by "W. Robert J. Funnell, Prof." <ro...@mcgill.ca>.
Caroline -

I'm not aware of a way to prevent a font from being embedded in an exported PDF file, but from what I've read it seems that fonts won't be embedded if the font licence doesn't allow it. Assuming that you know which of your fonts have restrictive licences, have you tried exporting a document with such a font and then checking in your PDF reader whether the fonts are embedded?

I don't know about embedded fonts in RTF files.

- Robert

Fwd: Question about embedding fonts in Open Office

Posted by Caroline Abblitt <ca...@googlemail.com.INVALID>.