Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by Brian Behlendorf <br...@hyperreal.com> on 1995/07/25 23:17:36 UTC

Re: netscape [Brandon Long ] (fwd)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Subject: Re: netscape
To: new-httpd@hyperreal.com
Date: Sat, 22 Jul 1995 21:42:15 -0500 (CDT)
From: Brandon Long <bl...@uiuc.edu>

Last time, Rob Hartill uttered the following other thing:

> I remember aksing for a popup window to show the HTTP headers
> received from the server... that didn't happen either. That would
> cover the server name as well as making lots of valuable information
> available for debugging servers and CGI.. information which is
> otherwise difficult and sometimes impossible to see.

I always use the Unix client, (telnet is my browser of choice :),
but I belive Mosaic/Windows and Mosaic/Mac both allow you to
send a HEAD request and see the results.

Maybe I should talk with the X developers. . . though they have
enough to worry about with tables . . .

Brandon
rambling rambling rambling

--
 Brandon Long   (N9WUC)     "I think, therefore, I am confused." -- RAW
 Computer Engineering   	Run Linux '95.	It's that Easy.