Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Rishabh Joshi <ri...@gmail.com> on 2008/01/02 16:11:48 UTC

How to perform a double query in one

Hi,

Is there a way to perform 2 search queries in one search request, and then
return their combined results?

Currently I am performing the following:

I have a document which consists of "id" field which is the unique
identifier, the "info" field, and an "xid" field which contains the ids of
other documents (these documents are also indexed) it relates to. Thus there
is a mapping between two or more documents thru the "xid" field.
Now, in my first search, I search for the document based on a given id, say
XYZ on the "id" field. this gives me exactly one document and I retrieve the
document's "xid" content.
Then I search for the same id - XYZ in the "xid" field and retrive the "xid"
content for all the matching documents.

Can I perform the same operation in one query? If yes, how do I go about it?
Do, I need to write my custom request handler? If no, any other efficient
way to do the same?

Regards,
Rishabh