Posted to yarn-dev@hadoop.apache.org by "Naganarasimha G R (Naga)" <ga...@huawei.com> on 2014/09/17 04:35:02 UTC

Regarding interface to modify the YARN acls?

Hi All,
Wanted to know, is there any interface (like java interface, rest api etc... ) to modify the ACLS of the YARN queues (CS or FS).

Regards,

Naga

Huawei Technologies Co., Ltd.
Phone:
Fax:
Mobile:  +91 9980040283
Email: naganarasimhagr@huawei.com<ma...@huawei.com>
Huawei Technologies Co., Ltd.
Bantian, Longgang District,Shenzhen 518129, P.R.China
http://www.huawei.com

RE: Regarding interface to modify the YARN acls?

Posted by "Naganarasimha G R (Naga)" <ga...@huawei.com>.
Hi Zhijie Shen,
Thanks for replying , but the "rmadmin refreshQueues" command is only to refresh the queue acls by reloading mapred-queues configuration file Thus modifications in xml gets reflected.
Currently HDFS support ACL modifications cli and java api.

  *   public void modifyAclEntries(Path path, List<AclEntry> aclSpec) throws IOException;
  *   public void removeAclEntries(Path path, List<AclEntry> aclSpec) throws IOException;
  *   public void public void removeDefaultAcl(Path path) throws IOException;
  *   public void removeAcl(Path path) throws IOException;
  *   public void setAcl(Path path, List<AclEntry> aclSpec) throws IOException;
  *   public AclStatus getAclStatus(Path path) throws IOException;

So wondering whether we already have some thing like that for YARN and if not would it be good to have as its not ideal to configure through xml and we also need to take care applying in both active and standby RM's

Regards,
Naga

Huawei Technologies Co., Ltd.
Phone:
Fax:
Mobile: +91 9980040283
Email: naganarasimhagr@huawei.com
Huawei Technologies Co., Ltd.
Bantian, Longgang District,Shenzhen 518129, P.R.China
http://www.huawei.com

¡This e-mail and its attachments contain confidential information from HUAWEI, which is intended only for the person or entity whose address is listed above. Any use of the information contained herein in any way (including, but not limited to, total or partial disclosure, reproduction, or dissemination) by persons other than the intended recipient(s) is prohibited. If you receive this e-mail in error, please notify the sender by phone or email immediately and delete it!

Posted by Zhijie Shen <zs...@hortonworks.com>.

--
Zhijie Shen
Hortonworks Inc.