Posted to ojb-user@db.apache.org by Eric Northam <Er...@i4commerce.com> on 2003/06/14 00:02:06 UTC

OQL Bind Causes a NullPointerException

The following causes a NullPointerException

OQLQuery query = odmg.newOQLQuery();

query.create("select notifications from $1 where type=\"lead\"");

Is it valid to pass the class name as a parameter? Either way throwing a
NullPointerException in this case isn't too friendly.

Eric

DISCLAIMER: The information contained in this e-mail is, unless otherwise
indicated, confidential and is intended solely for the use of the named
addressee. Access, copying or re-use of the e-mail or any information
contained therein by any other person is not authorized. If you are not the
intended recipient please notify us immediately by returning the e-mail to
the originator.

Re: OQL Bind Causes a NullPointerException

Posted by Thomas Mahler <th...@web.de>.
Hi Eric,

Eric Northam wrote:
> The following causes a NullPointerException
>
> OQLQuery query = odmg.newOQLQuery();
>
> query.create("select notifications from $1 where type=\"lead\"");
>
> Is it valid to pass the class name as a parameter?

AFAIK parameters work only in the where clause...

> Either way throwing a
> NullPointerException in this case isn't too friendly.

I agree. We work hard to make our NPEs behave better ;-)

cheers,
Thomas