Posted to user@ant.apache.org by "Godin, Philippe" <PG...@oerlikon.ca> on 2004/08/10 17:29:07 UTC

Clearcase update and change log

Good day,

I'm trying to set up a pc for our nightly builds. This server is using maven to create web pages for all our different modules. If you guys didn't know maven "script" can integrate ant scripts to achieve certains goals.

Here's what I'm specifically trying to achieve... Our server runs linux and clearcase. A snapshot view of the integration stream was mounted on the server. Using ant, maven is able to update the snapshot view with the latest sources from the integration stream. Maven is used with the reactor to browse every single module that is needed in our application (component based).

- app
    |_ commons
        |_ communication
        |_ logging
        |_ device
        |_ datamodeling
        |_ [...]
    |_ core
        |_ messages
        |_ [...]

If any changes would have been made to the communication module (example), an ant script would be started to create a fresh build of the module, deliver it to clearcase and create a new recommended baseline. BUT if no changes would have been made to the module, the script should be called at all.

Does any of you have any ideas or pointers on how we could do this? Is there a way to create / consult a clearcase change log and act accordingly?

TIA,

Philippe