Posted to java-user@lucene.apache.org by Colin Young <Co...@tembizi.com> on 2006/01/04 04:44:55 UTC

OT: how do I connect to the SVN repository to grab the latest source?

Normally I wouldn't post this here, but I haven't been able to find any
info about how I would go about downloading the latest source from the
SVN repository. I've got a bit of experience with CVS, but I can't even
figure out where to start with SVN.

If anyone could point me in the right direction I'd appreciate it (we
could do it offline to avoid polluting this list any further).

Thanks

Colin Young

Notice: This email message is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and privileged information. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply email and destroy all copies of the original message.

Re: how do I connect to the SVN repository to grab the latest source?

Posted by Lukas Vlcek <lu...@gmail.com>.
I use the following url:
http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/lucene/java/trunk
and it works well for me.

Lukas

Re: OT: how do I connect to the SVN repository to grab the latest source?

Posted by Patrick Kimber <ma...@gmail.com>.
Hi Colin
Did you get some help?

Are you using Windows?  If so, you can install TortoiseSVN which is a
shell extension:
http://tortoisesvn.tigris.org/

If you are using Windows or Linux you can use SmartSVN
http://www.smartcvs.com/smartsvn/

The url for Lucene on SVN is:
http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/lucene/java/trunk

If you want to learn all about SubVersion (SVN), the best source of
information is the SubVersion book:
http://svnbook.red-bean.com/

Hope this helps
Patrick