Posted to common-user@hadoop.apache.org by "C.V.Krishnakumar Iyer" <f2...@gmail.com> on 2011/02/23 01:52:44 UTC

Command Line Arguments for Client

Hi,

Could anyone tell how we could set the commandline arguments ( like -Xmx and -Xms) for the  client (not for the map/reduce tasks) from the command  that is usually used to launch the job?

Thanks,
Krishnakumar

Re: Command Line Arguments for Client

Posted by Harsh J <qw...@gmail.com>.
Hey,

On Wed, Feb 23, 2011 at 6:22 AM, C.V.Krishnakumar Iyer
<f2...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Could anyone tell how we could set the commandline arguments ( like -Xmx and -Xms) for the  client (not for the map/reduce tasks) from the command  that is usually used to launch the job?

You can set the HADOOP_CLIENT_OPTS environment variable to apply
additional JVM opts to all client side commands alone (fs, jar, etc.).

--
Harsh J
www.harshj.com