Posted to user@syncope.apache.org by ernst Developer <er...@gmail.com> on 2012/11/11 21:21:23 UTC

Sync enabled resource combined with update enabled resource

Hi,

I was wondering about the behavior of a setup in Syncope with 1 connector
having 2 resources (SYNCResource and UPDATEResource).

SYNCResource : this resources is meant for handling the synchronization.
UPDATEResource: this resource is meant for updating. Only a limited set of
schema fields (subset of the configured mappings in the SYNCResource) is
configured.

When updating the user in Syncope, the propagation should only execute on
the UPDATEResource, not on the SYNCResource. Is this possible by
configuration in Syncope?

What happens with the update in the corresponding connected system? For the
SYNCResource this is an update in its connector, and the sync results in
another update (the same) of the Syncope user, including all the
corresponding propagations. One of them is of course the propagation by the
UPDATEResource, and the party starts all over again.

Is what I describe above the actual behavior, or am I missing something?

Regards,
Ernst

Re: Sync enabled resource combined with update enabled resource

Posted by ernst Developer <er...@gmail.com>.
Ok, thats clear. Thanks a lot.

Posted by Francesco Chicchiriccò <il...@apache.org>.

--