Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Axel-Stéphane SMORGRAV <Ax...@europe.adp.com> on 2005/12/02 16:25:40 UTC

RE: [users@httpd] Mod_disk_cache| Struggling to configure

According to RFC 2616 section 13.9, if you want the response to a GET containing a query string (arguments after a ?) to be cached, it MUST contain an explicit expiration date, i.e. an Expires header. Setting ExpiresDefault won't make Apache cache such a response no matter what.

I am not sure that ExpiresActive will do any good either because the header will probably be inserted AFTER mod_cache (or CACHE_IN) has made the decision NOT to cache.

Regarding
[Wed Nov 30 09:04:30 2005] [debug] mod_cache.c(506): cache:
/images/map/Transport_icon_Air.gif not cached. Reason: HTTP Status 304 Not Modified

This is perfectly normal. Empty your browser's cache and try again. That will force an unconditional request and the corresponding response will most probably be cached by Apache.

-ascs