Posted to dev@forrest.apache.org by Bruno Dumon <br...@outerthought.org> on 2002/08/22 12:59:47 UTC

Impossible to integrate PDF documents in forrest site?

Just stumbled on the following problem: I have a PDF that I would like
to be part of a forrest-based site, so I just placed a link to it from a
document, hoping the crawler would also fetch the pdf.

However, I quickly realised that this is impossible, since the sitemap
already contains a pdf matcher for generating pdf's of the documents
(xdocs) themselves.

So unless I add the special matcher that matches this pdf, or give all
my pdf's some special name-prefix or suffix which I match, there's no
way to do this, right?

bruno@outerthought.org

Re: Impossible to integrate PDF documents in forrest site?

Posted by Nicola Ken Barozzi <ni...@apache.org>.
Bruno Dumon wrote:
> Just stumbled on the following problem: I have a PDF that I would like
> to be part of a forrest-based site, so I just placed a link to it from a
> document, hoping the crawler would also fetch the pdf.
>
> However, I quickly realised that this is impossible, since the sitemap
> already contains a pdf matcher for generating pdf's of the documents
> (xdocs) themselves.
>
> So unless I add the special matcher that matches this pdf, or give all
> my pdf's some special name-prefix or suffix which I match, there's no
> way to do this, right?

IMHO we should just add a matcher that matches every

    context://include/**

    /content/include/**/*.*

so that we can easily include static content.

             - verba volant, scripta manent -