Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by Greg Stein <gs...@lyra.org> on 1999/02/07 13:51:42 UTC

help with Expat patch

On the list a little while back, there was a discussion of having Expat
within Apache itself, available for modules to use. I've started a patch
to do just that. :-)

It appears to be working fine, with all the fancy RULE stuff (so I can
have RULE_EXPAT=yes in my libdav.module). (of course, suggestions for
change are welcome :-)

However, if I compile mod_dav as a dynamically-loaded module, then it
won't load, because it can't find the Expat symbols. (sigh)  I know this
has to do with order of loading or maybe that the Expat stuff didn't get
pulled into httpd (no ref to it from there).

Any ideas?   (this is on a Linux machine)

thx
-g

p.s. two files are attached: one patches a few files in apache-root/src,
and the other should be untarred as apache-root/src/expat

--
Greg Stein, http://www.lyra.org/

Re: help with Expat patch

Posted by Greg Stein <gs...@lyra.org>.
Greg Stein wrote:
> p.s. two files are attached: one patches a few files in apache-root/src,
> and the other should be untarred as apache-root/src/expat

oops. sorry about that... I didn't realize the .tar.gz was that large.
next time, I'll link to it.

also, my patch to Configuration.apaci seemed to have disappeared. It
added a "Rule EXPAT=no" in there with a bit of doc. Looks like that file
gets rewritten from somewhere?

thx
-g

--