Posted to apache-bugdb@apache.org by re...@toughart.net on 2002/11/17 02:57:00 UTC

CONFIRM SUBSCRIPTION

We are pleased to confirm your subscription to The Tough Art Films Indie Film News Service.  Removal instructions are at the bottom of this
email.

Indie Film Of Note For November, 2002

"Bashing"
Blood, Sexy Music, Gay Boxers and a Wee Jackass!

Everyone's favorite man from Jackass The Movie, Jason "Wee Man" Acuna, shines in this new feature film about a gay boxer who is forced
to fight in an illegal prize-fighting arena when pro boxing won't let him in the ring.  Bashing combines equal parts of satire, social commentary
and great fight sequences.  Director Shadow Mihaiu weaves a very original tapestry depicting a short time in the life of Francis (Ajmal), a
young man who struggles to follow in his father's champion footsteps, and who ends up pursued by women and men alike; and not all of them
with romantic designs.  Lilly Lassen plays Pris, the dysfunctional woman who clings to Francis, refusing to believe he is gay.  Carrie Cain
Sparks (Rumble In The Bronx, Mr. Magoo) adds her charismatic personae as Egypt, Francis's sister, who manages him in the "fight club"
style underground arena.  Jason "Wee Man" Acuna is Rockwell Stone, who befriends Francis and has his own conflicts in the underground
fight scene.  Also starring:  Kim Estes as Jerome Besson, the ex-champion, and Vincent Fatato as the ultra-violent Larry Fish.

"Bashing" is a "must own" for fans of the "Jackass" alumnae, and for all action or martial arts movie afficionados.  The trailer can be seen at:
www.hollywoodfilmlook.com/bashing

You can purchase "Bashing" at www.toughart.net/cart.html

- Indie Editor

someone has acted on your behalf or entered your email address without your authorization.  Our regular indie spotlights are sent out the first
week of each month.

If you wish to remain on this service (we really hope you will), do nothing.  If you wish to be AUTOMATICALLY REMOVED, simply email
remove@toughart.net WITHOUT A SUBJECT OR MESSAGE.  This will delete your email automatically from our server, and no message is
necessary.

Thanks for supporting independent film!
toughart.net