Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Joseph Foster <jl...@donnell.com> on 2005/03/01 19:07:20 UTC

Custom Mbeans in tomcat admin console

Greetings,

If this has been asked/answered several times already let me apologize
in advance.  I am trying to register a custom Mbean so that it will be
visible through the included tomcat admin webapp.  The strategies I have
employed thusfar (to no avail):
I added a resource element to the web.xml file:
  <resource mbean-name="dsi.jsf.jmx:name=EDocJMX"
            type="dsi.jsf.jmx.EDocJMX">
  </resource>

I added a mbean-descriptor file:
<mbeans-descriptors>
  <mbean name="EDocJMX"
         description="Test JMX Bean"
         domain="Catalina"
         group="Realm"
         type="dsi.jsf.jmx.EDocJMX">
    <attribute name="debugLevel"
               description="The debugging detail level for this
component"
               type="int"/>

  </mbean>
</mbeans-descriptors>

I added a reference in the server.xml file to point to the descriptor
file:
  <Listener
className="org.apache.catalina.mbeans.ServerLifecycleListener" debug="0"
  		descriptors="dsi/jsf/jmx/mbean-descriptor.xml"/>

Am I completely barking up the wrong tree with this?  Are custom mbeans
even possible to add to the built in admin webapp?

Thanks,

Joe

--
Joseph Foster

Re: Custom Mbeans in tomcat admin console

Posted by Parsons Technical Services <pa...@earthlink.net>.
Either make your modifications in the admin.xml or add a resource link there
for the resource as you have it in the server.xml

I am no expert on this one. As far as the bean goes, but am basing it on the
resource entries. So there may be something still wrong.

Doug